Monday, January 21, 2013

21 January 2013 Thirty-second letter from Switzerland


Scott Sonne
Jan 21 (6 days ago)
to me
Hey Mom!
       Yep there is a Migros across the street from me! Yes it is a grocerey store and yes that is the one we shopped at today! we are living on the very top floor! Yep... not elevator... Just the stairs to stay in shape! :) 
Elder Volz is great to get along with... Its great. I get along with him well! 

     I will get pictures for you! I just cannot send them today! I had planned to send erica a picture of me in the alps and to have her photoshop dad into the pitcure when he was on a mission! 

     We are the only 2 missionaries here in the ward! 

     I'll get a picture of us for you ! :)  of jacob and I that is! My companion did go with Elder Bailey's companion! that was crazy! Wir spoke deutsch with one another! 

     I am working this month on my charity= the pure love of christ= Caring about others more than myself. That is my goal by the end of the month, to care more about the well being of others more than I do about myself!... Or in other words: to forget myself and go to work! I love it! 

     Yesterday, a family that we have taught 2 times since i have been here... Carlos, Annie and their 3 kids! It was the first time for them to come to church. He said, in fact, that he would not be attending this week, because he had something to do. We had planned to meet with them on the coming saturday and get them used to the church buiilding and get them feeling the spirit of it. We had planned to teach them the restoration and to get the whole family there for a church tour. They, instead came early, with the whole family,... and what did we talk about in sunday school?
The RESTORATION. 
And what was taught in priesthood?
 BAPTISM! 
He told me that he had become sick and could not go to work on friday, he couldn't go do something that he had planned on saturday and on sunday he felt much better, so they came with their whole family and little, 4 week old baby, born on the 24th of december! 
I love this family! I love the work. 

     We also found a less active man from Serbia on the street, and a woman was able to feel the spirit when she read in 2 nephi 32:3. I shared the scripture with her and immediately, she said: 
"Can one buy this book in switzerland?" 
I aksed her what she felt in her heart as she read. She said that she felt something special.
 I then showed her 2 Nephi 32:5, 2 verses later, where it says that the holy ghost will show you all things that you should do! I gave her the precious book of mormon! She will never forget that! 
There is power in the book of mormon! 
I'm just reading through the isaiah chapters and am understanding them so much better than ever before! 
I love you mama! The church is true! This is His work. 

Elder Sonne


No comments:

Post a Comment