Monday, May 7, 2012

7 May 2012 Thirteenth Letter from Switzerland


May 7, 2012
Peggy Sonne
May 7, 2012
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif
to Scott
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif
I have been praying that the temple next door to you will be a means of radiating goodness and the people will feel differently about the gospel as they see the temple...something like that...
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/images/cleardot.gif
Scott to peggy
wow... that has actually happened recently we found a woman right in front of the temple and gave her a book of Mormon and are going to meet this week... We also prayed for this. it was great. Thank you have a great week I love you.  I will Skype at 8:30 or call you!

Mom!!!!
I loved planting those flowers with you!!! That was such a great time! I am glad the flowers are not dead.
Wow fast and testimony here... was amazing! Soo spiritual. I spoke about the love of heavenly father and Jesus and how they speak with us through the spirit and how they want us to share their love with others. I really felt strongly about that. I received another, very powerful answer to prayer and church. I was praying about what I can do to help find more investigators here. I read the scripture about receiving the word before I preach and then my mouth will be filled with the spirit and know what I should say on the street and be able to find the people that are going to be baptized here. it is in doctrine and covenants 11:21. I love inspiration. It is so true.
I am calling at 830 at night. My Skype information is Elder.Sonne maybe with or without caps. I will be at somebody’s house.
I cannot believe they are moving to Idaho!!!  (The Eisenhauers)
That is crazy how fast the time goes by.
Sometimes we speak English but not very often. It is sometimes tough to switch languages.
I read in German and everything I do is mostly in German. I had a dream that I was home and speaking German and then there was someone who could speak Bern Swiss German; it was funny.
I love you mama. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest blessing that one could ever enjoy.
I love it and that my oldest brother Jesus Christ died for all of us and for our family.

Elder Sonne.

From: Scott Sonne <scott.sonne@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 7, 2012 4:52:34 AM CDT
To: Rick Sonne <rhsonne@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Weekly letter 5/6/12
Hey father...
It is difficult to honestly keep track of all of the people we have recently found. There are so many that are on the brink of being steady investigators, but just are not there yet. We did, however, find Jamal and Kawe. You may think that those aren’t typical Swiss names, because they are not. They are from Iran. They moved here because of the unrest in their countries. Just hearing their stories of how their families have to move around so the government will not kill them, makes me cry. It makes me really be thankful for the situation and the circumstances of my life, and how easy it is for me to have so many nice and comfortable things continually surrounding me. Thank you so much for providing me with the gospel of Jesus Christ and the material I need to have a great life. I had no idea what to say... the spirit then filled me with truth and I bore witness that prayer can help in every situation and that the Book of Mormon can give peace, no matter what the condition. It is so true. 


At fast meetings: I have given my testimony for the last 4 months or so. Yesterday was amazing, there were 3 kids under 13 who bore pure testimony... they were telling stories about how they defended the faith and how they knew it through the spirit. I have only spoken in church for testimony meeting and when I come to a new area or leave; for 4 minutes or so. I only have given my one talk. Yesterday was incredibly spiritual and when I gave my talk I saw many people with tears in their eyes.

all of my clothes and stuff are fine, thanks!
This week I really needed the help of God on the train... it was about 830 and we just wanted to ride the train and talk to some people to bring them to true gospel of Jesus Christ. Instead of going and talking to people, I felt like I should just stand there and say a quick prayer. I prayed for divine help and the ability to find someone in this time; to do the lords will. I then talked to a woman who was interested and really had good questions about why we are on the earth and the purpose. 
God lives and he is our father in heaven.
Elder Sonne


No comments:

Post a Comment